Monday, May 25

Cassius Clay "refused" and went to jail - A call for PEACE

But later received awards for humanitarian work:
For his humanitarian efforts, Muhammad has been the recipient of countless awards. His recognitions include: • United Nations Messenger of Peace in 1998-2008, for his work with developing nations • Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005, the United States of America's highest civil award • Amnesty International's Lifetime Achievement Award • Germany's 2005 Otto Hahn Peace Medal, for his involvement in the U.S. civil rights movement and the United Nations • International Ambassador of Jubilee 2000, a global organization dedicated to relieving debt in developing nations • State of Kentucky's "Kentuckian of the Century" • The Advertising Club of Louisville's "Louisvillian of the Century"
I took it from his site and I remembered it while reading a post, Cathy at "Dare to Think" did for Remembering Day. She says that this should be "Educate Day". I believe that this post of hers is an elegy for peace. I have really loved this post. Thank you Cathy! Photography: I hope by the time she is my age the world will be a better place. War is part of human's nature it will never end but it's the exception, not the rule! Update: I did a search "Cassius Clay" - only in English and Portuguese languages - and was amazed that the amount of Brazilians sites is more numerous than in English. It seldom happens. Cassius Clay is very known in Brazil. I'm not sure how he is seen by Americans.