Friday, August 6

"We are all citizen-journalists by blogging", Stephen Fry

STEPHEN FRY: WHAT I WISH I'D KNOWN WHEN I WAS 18 from Peter Samuelson on Vimeo.

I know, I know. Half an hour watching a video?
Yes. I can assure you that you are going to have an echo for some of your thoughts or you will listen to something interesting you never thought before.
Stephen Fry talks about many issues so I did transcript some phrases so that you can have an idea of what is being said and also to make you curious because they are out of context and can be understood in many ways.
You have to check to see what he is really saying. Or you can go from one page to another for and end up with sixteen windows open without anything good. :)
"...chasing technique, chasing an answer is fatal..."
"...the worse thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals..."
"...work is more fun than fun..."
"...what uncusseful people have in common is that they talk about themselves all the time"
"...American television is fillled of people sitting in talkshows "I need... I need.. " whining. ..."
"... travelling and reading to me is such a pleasure, I don't concieve life without them. ..."
"...to admire is enourmesly helpful..."
"... if you wish to learn the guitar... you are learning with friend, together..."
"... learning is all about other people.."
"....I would say that probably one of the most wonderful things you can be given in life is the ability to give..."
"... is knowledge the same thing as truth?..."
"...authority comes from the validity of information, being repeatable, being open, being free, and not coming with a threat... 'this is the case you must believe it or you die'..."
"...we know that order is a dangerous word..."
"... we are all citizen-journalists by blogging..."
"...that is the beauty of internet, there are lots of guardians for us out there. We do make a fuss when liberty is threaten. ..."
".. the world, and the history of the world, is full of people who feel out of place either from their family or from the community..."
" ...you want to be a part of the tribe and you want to be apart from the tribe..."
This is the last topic and I hope you liked it as I did.