Tuesday, April 3

Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman: the high price of Integrity


I remember when I first heard Al Pacino at this scene as many other scenes in the movie Scent of a Woman, a great movie and one of Pacino's great performance.
This is the part I like the most:

Slade: "I'm not a judge or jury. But I can tell you this: he won't sell anybody out to buy his future!! And that, my friends, is called integrity!
That's called courage! Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of.

Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it. You know why? 
It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle -- that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey."