Friday, October 19

Dove Dead Sea minerals: are the minerals from occupied territory?






I was watching a movie and the advertisements started. I usually zap to take a look at the other channels because I hate ads.
But today I came across with the new Dove deodorant with Dead Sea minerals. I laughed as always when I come across with the ideas the companies find to sell.

The cosmetic industry is a great source of examples about how people are easily manipulated. It always amazes me how women believe that those creams will remove years from the face or make all sort of changes in the skin.

Shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins and a whole paraphernalia will cause a dramatic change in the hair. After trying three brands with no success some women are ready to try the next novelty.  I'll never forget reading at a shampoo bottle "anti-gravity effect". I have no idea what it means as most women.

The reality is that even if in the formula of one of these creams there is a component that works the percentage for cosmetics is not enough for the treatment. If it has retinoic acid, for instance, the percentage is 0,0004 which is nothing. Cosmetics that have drugs in their formula follow the same rule.

The Dead Sea minerals! Can you imagine the power? It made me remind of the article by Harriet Sherwood at The Guardian:

Israel accused of pillaging Dead Sea resources in occupied territory
Cosmetics firm Ahava singled out for criticism in report by Palestinian human rights organisation
Harried Sherwood, September 3, 2012

Israel is "pillaging" the natural resources of the Dead Sea which lie in occupied Palestinian territory in violation of international law, a report which singles out the cosmetics firm Ahava for criticism.

According to the Palestinian human rights organisation al-Haq, the "appropriation and exploitation of Palestinian land and natural resources in the occupied Dead Sea area by Israeli settlers and companies … meet the requirements of the crime of pillage". (keep reading)

Eleven women raised their voices about Dove's new product at The Grocer.

Hi,

Before I consider buying Dove deodorant I would like to know if the Dead Sea minerals are acquired form the illegal Jewish settlements located in the occupied Palestine. I practice ethical shopping and I wold appreciate if you would let me know.

Many thanks!

Rada
It is quite inspiring knowing that some women are alert. Even if it is proven that the new Dove's deodorant have the minerals from a legal place it is out of the planet thinking that it can do what the ads claim they do.  Still the cosmetic industry make billions of dollars with their magical products.