Friday, October 6

Lipstick: 50 shades of red and Anish Kapoor






I can't get enough of red lipstick. Sometimes I try a pink or another colour but it doesn't look nice.I thought it was my perception so I asked some friends and they agree with me that red is the best colour for me. 
One of the shades I like the most is the one that has a touch of blue. Yes, there are red colours with a bit of blue that enhances the colour. It is being difficult to find this colour at the moment.
The image above I took from Pinterest. I thought about this post and I decided that the title would be  "50 shade of red", how original. I did google it and there it was: this picture that makes me feel like eating the colours.

Some month agoI watched a documentary with Anish Kapoor, who speaks about his art in a way that captivates, and he talked about the red colour. 
In his exhibition "My Red Homeland", a monumental installation being composed of 25 tons of red, Kapoor talked to Raúl Martínez Fernández and he said:

"“I have always thought of the colour red as a colour of the centre, like a path to emotional exploration”. Red is the colour of blood, of passion and emotion; red is the colour of meat, here turned into wax and Vaseline – organic but imperishable. The red colour is thus more than just a simple connection between the works that have shaped this exhibition – furthermore, it assumes a fundamental role in the sculptures of Anish Kapoor, one of the most important sculptors of contemporary art. From his first sculptures – simple geometrical or biomorphic forms coated in pigments – to his latest work formed from metal, wax and Vaseline in which the monochromatic effect creates a never-ending optical illusion, the application of colour indicates a constant in his works: the search for Immateriality and Spirituality."

Courtesy: CAC Málaga & Lisson Gallery